One of the comments we heard a lot recently was that you all want more chicken recipes and you would like recipes that you could make into two meals. This recipe is part one of a two dinner, one pot recipe. This is a very simple chicken recipe but for some reason the family went nuts for this chicken. My honey said to tell you “you must spoon the broth over the chicken and the vegetables because it is soooo good.” Come back later for part two of this recipe, Crock-Pot Italian Chicken Noodle Casserole and our Whip It Up Wednesday blog link up!
Crock-Pot Easy Chicken With Mushrooms and Peas
1 Whole Chicken 6-8 pounds, giblets removed
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
1 16 Ounce Bag Frozen Peas
1 12 Ounce Can Sliced Mushrooms
Pepper to Taste
Garlic Powder to Taste
- Rinse off chicken and pat dry.
- Place in bottom of your crock-pot, breast side up.
- Pour in broth.
- Add mushrooms, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Add frozen peas in last hour of cooking.
- Push the peas down into the liquid around the chicken.
- Carefully remove chicken from the crock when done.
- Spoon out vegetables and serve with broth.
- NOTE: To make part two of this meal, Crock-Pot Italian Chicken Noodle Casserole, keep one whole breast aside (more if desired).
Make sure the chicken is not too big for your pot before you start. You can cut it into pieces if needed.