I’ve seen some similar idea’s around, but just needed to do it in the crock. We tried this crustless Veggie pie with tomatoes, squash, fresh basil and green onions, but many different veggies can be used. The Squash and tomatoes and fresh basil came from my garden!
Crock-Pot Crustless Veggie Pie
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
4 Large Eggs
15 Ounces of Ricotta Cheese
1/4th Cup of Parmesan Cheese
1/4th Cup of Green Onions Chopped
1/4th Cup of Fresh Basil chopped
1 Medium Size Squash
1 Tomato (not too overripe) I used a roma one
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1/4th Teaspoon of Pepper
- To get this out of the crock decently, I would suggest a liner, and use Pam on the bottom and sides of the crock.
- Whisk the milk with the cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Add the Ricotta cheese and 4 large eggs and continue to wisk.
- Add the Grated Parmesan Cheese and Basil.
- Last add the salt, pepper and green onions.
- Pour into the crock getting it as flat as can be.
- Carefully place on top your veggies (squash, tomatoes or any other veggies your wishing).
- Cover the crock with a layer of paper towels, attached and then cover.
- Place a fork in between the paper towel and lid to catch condensation.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Some of the other veggies you can use are: Fresh Green Beans, Asparagus, Zucchini, Corn,