This is my regular Crock-Pot stuffing with a twist, for those cranberry lovers out there we added fresh cranberries. My kids thought the taste of the cranberries in the stuffing was interesting but there favorite part was getting to take them out and squish them in between their fingers. They giggled like crazy! This one definitely has to be a bit more tweaked with the onions so that the two flavors don’t compete.
|Crock-Pot Cranberry Stuffing||
- 12-15 Ounce Bag of Stuffing
- 5 Ounce of Butter Melted
- 1 Ounce of Butter Not Melted for Onion
- 1 Small Green Onion Chopped Finely or Shredded
- 1 Cup of Celery Chopped Fine
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth or Stock
- 2 Cups of Fresh Cranberries Rinsed
- Reynolds Liners
- Cook onions in tablespoon of butter for several minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients except fresh cranberries and 1 cup of the broth.
- Mix until it is moistened.
- If you need to add more chicken broth or water you can.
- Once it is moist enough, carefully add cranberries and stir in.
- Add in 1/2 a cup of Chicken broth leaving 1/2 a cup of broth left.
- Place in your crock-pot, (crock-pot must have either a Reynolds Liner or foil in it or this will burn).
- Pour the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth around edges of the crock-pot.
- Take foil and cover the top of the stuffing unless you have less then a 1/2 inch remaining of room as it will get too crispy at the edges otherwise.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.