I have never made Corn Chowder, but decided it would be a different soup type meal for me to make. We enjoyed it.
1 Bag of Frozen Whole Kernel Corn (About 20 Ounces)
14.5 Ounce Can Cream-Style Can
1/2 Cup Yellow Onion Shredded
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Seasoning Salt
1 Cup of Water
2 Cups of Potatoes, Diced and Peeled
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable oil
6 slices Bacon, Chopped
- With Potatoes saute in vegetable oil for a few minutes and then put on paper towel when done to get grease off.
- In the crock-pot add all ingredients except bacon, save that till the last hour.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir once an hour (very quick stir) if possible to help keep from scorching.
- I cook my bacon in the oven on a cookie sheet for easy cooking.
- Drain the fat off the bacon and then put in a bowl and break them up with a knife and fork.
- Have the bacon ready for the last hour and then add in quickly.