This is just a twist on my Cornbread Recipe. My sister had gone to a party where she had tried some yummy cornbread where they had added coconut to it…she LOVED IT. So I decided, well why not see what happens if I add coconut to my yummy cornbread recipe and hope it turns out just as yummy. We tried it..and it we liked it!
Crock-Pot Coconut Cornbread
1 1/4th Cup of Flour
3/4th Cup of Bob’s Red Mill Cornmeal
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1 Cup of Milk
1/3 Cup of Butter
1 1/2 Cup Coconut
A Tin that will fit in your Crock or a Hefty EZ Foil Cake Pan 8 inch
Baker’s Joy or Pam
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix in all wet ingredients
- Spray Tin well with Baker’s Joy
- Place Tin in Crock-Pot at bottom.
- Spray Tin foil with Baker’s Joy, then cover lightly the corn bread mixture.
- Bake on high for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours remove foil, if the middle still needs to be cooked, remove foil and continue cooking, for 15-30 minute intervals, rechecking to see if it’s done..
I would suggest you plan first on making sure you have a crock and tin that will fit. I used my 7 quart crock (that is oval shape) and the Hefty EZ foil cake pan 8in barely fit. You could also use Pyrex glass pans as well if they will fit in your crock.