I made this loaf just so I wouldn’t have to share any with my kids! It was just as good as the version without Coconut, but since my children seem to think coconut is yucky (ya they are weird), it meant I didn’t have to share!
Crock-Pot Coconut Banana Bread
1 1/4th Cup Sugar
1 Stick Butter, Softened
3-4 Mashed Bananas
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 1/2 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4ths Cup Coconut
1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips (if desired)
- Turn crock on high.
- Make sure you have a oblong bread pan that will fit your crock.
- Cream together sugar, melted or softened butter, with hand mixer.
- Add one egg at a time, continue to cream.
- Mix in bananas, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, mixing just til it’s mixed, do not over mix.
- You want lumpy batter.
- Pour in coconut and chocolate chips and stir by hand.
- Spray bread pan with Bakers Joy.
- Pour batter into bread pan.
- Place crumpled up foil at the bottom of your crock (I did long layers in rows).
- You are wanting the bread pan, to not be placed directly on the bottom of the crock.
- Place bread pan into crock.
- Use two connected paper towel sheets on top of crock pot, then cover with lid.
- Cook on High.
- Carefully wedge a fork in between crock and crock lid, just a titch so air can seep out.
- Check bread at 2 hours.
- Your bread should be done between 2 to 4 hours, you’ll just need to eyeball it, and check the middle to see if it’s too soft still.
- I found the loaf with coconut took longer then the one without.
The Cook time really will vary on this, depending on the age of your crock (older crocks will take longer), also if you split this recipe and do two smaller loafs this won’t take as long also, where as, one large loaf will be more around 3+ hours. This is something, especially the first time, you need to sit and eyeball it and figure out how long your crock takes to cook it.