Everyone loves chocolate right? This recipe for Crock-Pot Chocolate Lava cake is ooey and gooey and just to-die-for! This is a cake you definitely want to eat warm right out of the slow cooker. Serve with some ice cream which gets all melt-y from the heat of the cake and you have one hot chocolaty mess of a dessert.
Hey, if you cannot get messy with dessert when can you?
Crock-Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
1 Package Devils Food Cake Mix
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 2/3 Cups Water
1 (3.9 Oz.) Package Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding Mix
2 Cups Milk
2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- In a bowl, add cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and water.
- Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix pudding mix and milk.
- In a 3qt or larger crock-pot, add the chocolate cake mix.
- Then add the pudding mix (DO NOT mix these)
- Next add the 2 cups of Chocolate morsels to the center of the mixture.
- Cook on high for 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The cake is done when a knife comes out clean from the center. You will have some pudding on this but you will also have solid cake mix.
- Place a large plate with a lip or edge over the top of the crock-pot.
- Flip the crock-pot over and empty the contents on the plate.
- Be careful as the mixture is hot and steam will be forced out.
- Let slightly cool and serve.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!