- 5 Medium Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1½ Cups Cooked Rice (I use Basmati)
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ Teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Brown chicken and onion in olive oil until onion is tender and meat is cooked.
- Add rice and spices to this mixture.
- Meanwhile, cut the tops off the green peppers and take the seeds out, keeping the tops.
- Fill peppers with the rice/chicken mixture.
- Place pepper tops inside crock pot cut side up.
- Place stuffed peppers on top of tops.
- Pour in broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove peppers.
- Mix cornstarch, tomato paste, lemon juice and sour cream into broth.
- Return peppers to crock-pot.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve peppers with the sauce.