This is a rich, creamy chicken dish that is great on a cold night. A little paprika gives it a smoky flavor.
Crock-Pot Chicken Parisienne
4 Split Chicken Breasts (Bone-In)
1/2 Cup of Dry White Wine, Vermouth or Cooking Wine (Optional)
1 10 Ounce Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 4 Ounce Can Sliced Mushrooms, Drained
1 Cup Dairy Sour Cream Mixed with 1/4 Cups Flour
Salt and Pepper To Taste
Paprika to Taste
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Place chicken in crock-pot.
- Mix wine, soup and mushrooms until well combined, mixing in sour cream NOW if you will be cooking on low.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 2 1/2-3 1/2 with sour cream added in for last 30 minutes.
- Serve sauce over chicken with rice or noodles.
I find this is best cooked on low. My crockpot cooks it in about 6 1/2 hours. The last time I made this I didn’t have any white wine or even white cooking wine in the house so for an acid (even though it’s optional) I added some Lawry’s Herb and Garlic Marinade. About half a bottle and it came out great.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!