Here is a delicious recipe sent to us by reader Phaedra Valente who blogs over at Recipes By Phaedra
(check her out guys…yummy!). This is a warm, healthy and nutritious soup made with low-fat ground chicken, turned into yummy meatballs and then the soup is combined with kale and mushrooms and is packed with vitamin K and beta carotene and even some bonus calcium!
Whip this recipe up when you are looking for something on the healthier side.
Crock-Pot Chicken Meatball & Kale Soup
For The Meatballs
2 Lbs. Ground Chicken Breast
½ Cup Bread Crumbs
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
½ Cup Cooked Spinach, Drained Completely
2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
For The Soup
2 Heads Flowering Kale, Washed and Chopped
1 Package Crimini Mushrooms, Chopped
2 Carrots, Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic
8 Cups Chicken Stock, Homemade
or Carton (no sodium added)
1 Tablespoon Thyme
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Prep the vegetables and put them in a crock-pot.
- For the meatballs in a large mixing bowl, add the ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, cheese, spinach and garlic.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Roll out about 1 to 1 ½ inch meatballs and place in the crock-pot.
- Pour the chicken stock over the veggies and meatballs.
- Add the thyme and sea salt.
- Set to high for 7 hours.