We are on our third installment of “Crock around the Clock”. Earlier for Breakfast Tara had Apple Pie for Breakfast and then for lunch Heidi had Warm Pastrami Sandwiches . My contribution is dinner. I decided to incorporate something that grew out of my garden. We are harvesting our lettuce and spinach right now..so I decided to make a meal with spinach. What better meal then Chicken Lasagna with fresh spinach!
Crock-Pot Chicken Lasagna
2 Large Chicken Breasts Cooked and Diced
1 Packed Cup of Fresh Fine Chopped Spinach
2 Cans of Cream of Chicken
1 (8 ounce) Package Sour Cream
1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup of Milk
1 Small Yellow Onion Shredded
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4th Teaspoon Pepper
1/4th Teaspoon Paprika
1 Package of Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles (strongly suggest you use oven ready)
16 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- You will need a large 6 quart or larger crock, oval.
- I boiled the chicken breasts while I prepared the other ingredients, you could also grill ahead of time.
- Wash fresh spinach, pat dry and then chop very fine.
- Pack spinach tightly into a one cup measuring cup.
- In a mixing bowl combine spinach, cream of chicken, sour cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, shredded onion, salt, pepper and paprika.
- When you have diced chicken you will then measure 2 heaping cups of chicken and add to the mixture (I only had a few pieces left after).
- Mix well.
- In crock-pot I use a liner, spray crock or liner with Pam.
- Then place 3 of the lasagna noodles in the crock, expect to need to break some of them to make them fit.
- Then put in a third of the spinach chicken mixture spreading it onto the oven ready noodles.
- Then a layer of mozzarella.
- You will repeat this 2 more times (noodles, spinach chicken mixture, mozzarella).
- I then cooked on high for an hour and a half.
- Then on low for 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove from heat source (however your crock-pot works) and let stand for 10 to 20 minutes to set up.
You can also use frozen spinach..you will need to let it thaw.
If you have a much older crock pot, I would suggest letting it cook a bit longer.