Whip up a delicious meal for the family with this recipe submitted to us by Phaedra Valente who blogs over at Recipes by Phaedra.
This recipe looks like it is sure to please!
Crock-Pot Chicken Enchiladas
3 lbs Ground Lean Chicken
3 Tablespoon Chili Con Carne Spice
¼ Cup Chicken Stock
10 Yellow and Orange Mini Peppers, chopped
1 Small Onion, chopped
1 Small Can of Black Beans, rinsed
1 ½ Jars of Salsa
1 Small Can Enchilada Sauce
1 Small package of Mexican Cheese Mix
1 Pkg Queso Fresco
10 – 12 Tortillas
- In a skillet, brown the ground chicken.
- Add the chili con carne spice and the chicken stock and simmer till cooked.
- While the chicken is browning, prepare the vegetables.
- The onions and peppers should be cut rather small.
- You will be adding those in raw.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the peppers, onions, beans (that you have rinsed) and the chicken.
- Stir well.
- In your crockpot, pour in some of the salsa on the bottom and make sure the bottom is covered with a thin layer.
- Start building your enchiladas.
- Take one tortilla and fill it with about 1/3 cup of the filling.
- Sprinkle about 1 tbsp of the cheese mix on top of the filling.
- Fold the sides in first, then start rolling the tortilla until you have a nice little package.
- Place seam side down into the crock-pot.
- Repeat and layer until you have created a 1st layer.
- Pour a thin layer of salsa over the bottom layer of enchiladas.
- Begin assembling your second layer, filling and cheese.
- I could only get 2 layers in my crock-pot and I had a little bit of filling left over.
- On the top, pour salsa and enchilada sauce over just enough to cover the enchiladas and top with some of the cheese mix and the queso fresco.
- Cook on the high setting for 4 hours.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!