I made my chicken in the crock-pot first by adding in the chicken and about 6 cups of water. This made my broth and chicken for the recipe. I then had just over 2 cups of broth left over for another time.
Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings
2 Pounds Chicken, Cooked and Shredded
3 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Tablespoons Stick Butter
6 Carrots, Chopped
2 1/4 cups Bisquick Dry Mix
2/3-3/4 Cup Milk
- Add chicken, broth, cream of chicken soup, butter and carrots to crock-pot.
- Cook for 1 hour on high.
- In a bowl, mix bisquick mix and milk.
- Using a spoon, drop spoon size biscuits into the crock-pot on top of the chicken mixture.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes on Low.
- Biscuits will be done when they bounce back to the touch.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!