Here is a great recipe for those who are observing Lent or if you are just looking for a nice recipe for fish made in the crock-pot. This recipe was sent to us by reader Carolyn Whetstone. Thanks Carolyn, this sounds great!
Do you have a recipe you would like to share? Send it on over to us!
Crock-Pot Catfish Courtbouillon
2 Lbs. Fresh Catfish Fillets, Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
Salt & Pepper, To Taste
1/2 Stick Butter
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
1/2 Bell Pepper, Chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 (10 Oz.) Can Ro-Tel Tomatoes
1 (8 Oz.) Can Tomato Sauce
2 Tablespoons Prepared Roux (I use Savoie’s instant Roux)
1 1/2 Cups Chicken Or Fish Stock
Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Season fish with salt & pepper, to taste. Put into crock pot.
- In skillet, melt butter and saute onions, bell pepper & garlic until soft. Add to crock pot.
- Pour in Ro-Tel and tomato sauce.
- In small bowl, mix chicken or fish stock with the prepared roux until smooth. Pour into crock pot.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours. Stir in parsley.
- Serve over cooked rice. Enjoy!