Since I have been trying out cuts of meat that I normally don’t buy, my newest one was a brisket. This one also turned out well. Also a first time for me using liquid smoke, over all, we were quite impressed.
4 Pound Unseasoned Brisket
2 Tablespoons Liquid Smoke (I used Hickory Smoke Flavor)
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
2 Garlic Cloves Minced (I would only use fresh with this recipe)
- If you haven’t purchased your Brisket yet, choose one that has fat on the sides and not much on the front, it’s easier to trim off the sides then the front
- Trim as much of the fat as you can, not every tiny bit needs to be off..but as much as you can.
- In a bowl place Pepper, Salt, and Onion Powder.
- Lay brisket on Foil and rub spice mixture into brisket top, bottom and sides.
- Then rub garlic into brisket.
- Finally carefully pour liquid smoke into brisket.
- Wrap tight with foil, I wrapped it so the foil ends were aimed up, so juices would stay inside foil.
- I then wrapped it again cross wides again wrapping ends up to keep juices in.
- Place in an empty crock-pot and do not add liquid to the crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Unwrap and baste with juices.