This reader submitted for recipe is sent to us by Berdell Patterson and combines store bought BBQ sauce and a little apricot preserves or mango chutney to make the pulled pork come out just right. Serve on crusty rolls and add some cheese for a delicious pulled pork sandwich!
Thanks Berdell for sharing your delicious and easy recipe with us!
Crock-Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
2 Pounds Pork Loin Or Roast *
Bottle of Smoke Flavored BBQ Sauce of Your Choosing
1 Green Pepper, Chopped
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
1 – 2 Tablespoons Mango Chutney or Apricot Preserves
Crusty Dinner Buns
Provolone Cheese, If You Desire
- Place loin (roast) in crock-pot.
- Salt & pepper to your taste.
- Place veggies on top.
- Spoon the preserves on the loin.
- Add the whole bottle of BBQ sauce on top of the pork.
- Cook on low about 8 hours.
- Shred the loin and serve on crusty rolls with provolone cheese if you wish.
*(Smaller or larger depending on your family, I prefer loin as it is less fatty but it is harder to shred.)