Yesterday, I made a basic peanut butter bread
in the crock-pot. Today I decided to try my hand at a yeast based white bread. I have never had much luck with yeast bread but I must say I did a pretty fantastic job on this recipe and I found it easy to make.
Crock-Pot Basic White Yeast Bread
1 Package of Active Yeast
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1/4 Cup Warm Water
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
4 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Tap Water
- Combine yeast, 1 Teaspoon Sugar and 1/4 Cup Warm (not hot) Water in a small bowl.
- Set the yeast mixture to the side for 10 minutes or so or until it bubbles up in size.
- Combine the remaining ingredients minus 2 cups of the flour. Set 2 cups of flour to the side for the final ingredient.
- Add in the yeast mixture and stir til mixed without lumps. (around 2 minutes).
- Add remaining 2 cups flour and stir by hand.
- You can either put the bread mixture directly into the crock-pot or if you prefer into a smaller crock or metal container (butter the bottom and sides well prior to adding bread mixture) then place that container in the crock.
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or until bread is brown and bounces back to the touch.