Crock-Pot Banana Cream Cake
1 Yellow Cake Mix
1 Package Banana Cream Instant Pudding Mix
2 1/2 Cups Water
1 Cup Banana Mash (about 3 bananas)
3 Egg Whites
- Plug-in and turn on high a 3 qt crock-pot.
- Spray Pam or hand oil the inside of the crock-pot.
- In a bowl (larger bowl), Beat egg whites with a hand mixer until peaks form. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, beat banana’s until completely mixed.
- Add banana’s to the egg whites.
- Then add the powder cake mix and 1/2 cup water.
- Mix Well.
- In a separate bowl, add dry pudding mix and 2 cups water.
- Mix this well.
- In 3 qt crock-pot, add the cake mix and then the pudding mix.
- DO NOT MIX THESE.
- Place a paper towel on the top of the crock-pot and then place the lid on top of it.
- Cook on high for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Check the cake mix by testing it with a knife.
- You will need a plate with a lip (or a cooking pan) that is larger than the crock-pot opening.
- Place the plate over the top of the crock-pot and flip the crock over. This will allow the inside cake mix to slide out.
- There will be liquid sliding out also. Be prepared for STEAM.
I mentioned this in the recipe, but be prepared for hot STEAM when turning over the crock-pot. I burned my wrist doing this. I also found that using a crock type pie pan works nicely as the liquid didnt slide out as it would on a regular plate.