This recipe came from the Martha Stewart Site
. I followed this recipe except I chose to chop my bacon in to smaller pieces prior to adding it bacon into the stove mixture. This to me would make it a little easier to pulverize after it is done cooking. You can also choose to keep it more of a chunky jam and having smaller bacon pieces would make this possible. Either way, this is GOOD!
1.5 pounds Bacon, cooked and drained
2 Medium Onions, diced
3 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and smashed
1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cups Maple Syrup
3/4 Cup Brewed Coffee (regular coffee)
- On stovetop, cook bacon.
- Allow bacon to cool on paper towels.
- Pour off all bacon grease but 2 tablespoons.
- Add in diced onions and garlic cook until onions are translucent.
- Add in apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, maple syrup and coffee.
- Cook until the mixture begins to boil.
- While you wait for mixture to boil, chop bacon into small pieces.
- Then add bacon in to mixture once it begins to boil.
- Allow mixture to come back to a boil.
- Pour mixture into a crock-pot and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or until the liquid is thick and syrupy.
- All the jam to cool.
- Pour into a food processor and pulse until mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Store in air tight container in the refrigerator.