This recipe was literally -I had chicken I needed to cook, looked through my pantry and threw it together. A perfect Whip it up Wednesday Recipe!
Crock-Pot Asian Pineapple Chicken over Rice
6 Chicken Thighs Cut Up Into Small Pieces (make sure it has no bones)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 Can of Pineapple Chunks, Drained
1 Small Can of Water Chestnuts, Drained (reserve til end)
Sweet and Sour Sauce
Enough Rice to Serve With
- Spray with Pam or similar.
- Put raw chicken in crock-pot.
- Pour soy sauce over chicken.
- Cover with pineapple chunks.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on low.
- Add water chestnuts.
- Cook for an additional hour.
- In that last hour, cook your rice on the stove top.
- As you serve the dish, put the chicken and pineapple over the rice and then drizzle sweet and sour sauce over it.
Please note, if you have a very old crock-pot, they tend to not cook at as high of a temperature as the newer crock-pot, and you may need to cook on high to get it done at the same time..or cook on high for a couple of hours, and then put on low.
Linked up at Eat at Home