This is a recipe from Fake Ginger
that is cooked in the oven. I tweeked it a little to what I had on hand and cooked it in the crock-pot.
Crock-Pot Applesauce Granola
2 1/2 Cups Oats
1 Cup Pecans, chopped
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds, unsalted
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Applesauce
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- In a small pan on the stove, add applesauce, honey and vegetable oil.
- Cook on low until honey is melted.
- In crock-pot, add the remaining ingredients and stir well making sure the brown sugar is broken up and not clumpy.
- Add in liquid mixture to crock-pot and stir well.
- Cook on low for 1 hour stirring periodically.
- Cool on a sheet of wax paper.
Linked up at: