You can substitute the apple pie filling for fresh apples. About 8-9 fresh apples, peeled, cored and sliced. 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup flour and a dash of nutmeg. Either way, this comes out YUMMY!
Crock-Pot Apple Pecan Dump Cake
2 Cans Apple Pie Filling
1 Box Yellow Butter Cake Mix
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
1 1/2 Cups Chopped Pecans (you want small pieces)
1 1/2 Sticks Butter, melted
- In a greased crock-pot, add the apple pie filling.
- Spread the pie filling evenly along the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices.
- Sprinkle the spice mix on top of the apple pie filling.
- Add the dry cake mix next evenly over the top of the spices.
- Add the melted butter in spoonfuls over the top of the dry cake mix. You want this to cover the top of the dry mix.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top of the butter evenly.
- Cook on high for 1.5 hours to 2 hours.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!