This is a great recipe to serve warm on ice cream or by itself. I chose not to peel my apples this time. You can store this in the refrigerator and bring out to reheat for about 5 or 6 days at the most. Add pecans or walnuts to the Oatmeal, sugar and butter mixture if you want.
1 Cup Oatmeal (dry)
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons White Flour
2 Tablespoons White Sugar
1 Stick Butter (softened and diced small, or melted)
3lb Golden Delicious or Sweet Tango Apples
- Peel, Core and Thinly Slice Apples.
- Add White Sugar and Flour to apples and toss.
- Put apples in bottom of crock pot.
- Mix brown sugar, oatmeal and butter.
- Place oatmeal mixture on top of apples in crock-pot.
- Cook on hight for 4 hours or until apples are fully cooked.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!