Tip – Cutting an acorn squash is difficult. Learn how to cut a hard squash.
Here is the recipe, let me know if you give it a try!
|Crock-Pot Acorn Squash Soup||
- 2 Medium Acorn Squashes, Cut into wedges
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 1 (32 Oz.) Carton Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- Whipping Cream, optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place wedges of squash into a 6-quart crock-pot.
- Add vegetable broth, onion, garlic, thyme and rosemary.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours until squash is tender.
- Fish squash wedges out of crock-pot and place on a plate and set aside to cool to the touch.
- Once squash is cool enough to handle, use a spoon to scoop the flesh out of the skin and add the flesh back into the crock-pot.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes more in the covered crock-pot to warm the squash back up.
- Puree the soup in the crock-pot with a hand-held immersion blender. Additionally you can purée in a regular blender, be careful blending hot liquids.
Serve with a nice crusty bread and salad for a filling and nutritious meatless meal.
Optionally you may wish to top each bowl with 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream to add just a smooth touch to the palate.